Wednesday, August 8, 2012

My baby girl is getting married & we are going on a mission trip!

August 2012                          

Dear Family & Friends,

In the past few years, God has been doing some amazing things in my life and over the last few months I’ve felt Him calling me in an exciting new direction.  A few months ago I began to feel God calling me to a short-term mission again.  As you know, I do spend quite a bit of time locally serving the Spanish speaking community.  It’s always been a joy to serve God locally and I treasure doing this.  Now I have the privilege of venturing out with a team from my church Peninsula Covenant Church in Redwood City.  Our team will be working in the city of Medellín, Columbia. It is the second biggest city in Colombia, just after the capital city of Bogotá. Over 3 million people live here. Medellín is a colonial city known for manufacturing and as many know drugs. On this trip I will serve with a team, including my daughter Crystal and her soon to be husband Kopo from October 13-22, 2012.  They are a special couple who will serve instead of have an expensive honeymoon! On this trip we will work with missionaries who are working in country serving the people of Colombia.  Some of our projects could include a construction project, Christian Education opportunities, and English classes.   In particular I’m excited to meet some special boys in Casa de Paz.  Here we will play games with the boys, sing songs, and lead arts and crafts and Sports Ministry.  These orphan boys will be loved and cared for and this will be such a delight to serve them.  I anticipate great things coming from this time.

You are receiving this letter because you have been a vital part of my life and I know I can trust you to pray for me.  I’m also hoping you will have the desire to be a part of my “sending” team and financially support me as I go.  Each missionary will be raising $1,700 to cover the cost of the trip, which includes airfare, meals, passport, visa, housing and transportation in country.  God met me and I was able to raise the deposit of $500 by 8/6/12 to secure my spot on the team.  I would love it if you’d prayerfully consider a tax-free gift to make this a reality.  The rest of the funds are due by 10/1.  It is my hearts desire to honor God in this and see where the next part of the journey takes me.  I trust God will speak to you and show you if you are to be a part of my sending/prayer team.  If so it’s pretty easy to give.  In fact, you can give electronically to make it convenient!  My church website has all you’ll need to give a tax-free, secure gift of support for my mission specifically.  I’m looking to raise more than enough to also help the newlyweds raise support too!

Go here:  EFT  www.wearepcc.com
  • Next Steps        
  • Giving    
  • Thank you for investing through PCC (Give online)
  • Give Now
  • Your Designation: Mission Trip Support (please designate trip)
  • Comment: Colombia/Angie Ibarra
  • Checks can be accepted to: PCC – do not include my name on the check
If you would like to meet with me to talk about the trip or give a gift face to face or by mail, you know I’ll make the time to do that!  I have a blog, so will be updating the trip that way.  Thanks for your love and support.  It means the world to me to have you in my life and I mean that with everything I am.  I will follow up with you and send pics of the boys we’ll be serving at the orphanage.  If you wish to be part of my prayer team…I’d love that! 
Blessings - Angie Ibarra, Missionary to the Bay Area & Medellin, Columbia

2 comments:

  1. After reading all three of these blogs I want to say that there is SO much more to you then meets the eye. You are a deaply spiritual, caring and forward moving woman and I am blessed to know you. Know you more truely and with more understanding than before. Continue to tell your story so we all may be inspired. We need your pure inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Bobbi...God has been my strength and my song. i met you in the midst of my grieving...i'm grateful for your friendship

      Delete